The Quantum Series Electric Chain Hoist boasts an impressive design with a focus on safety, performance and reliability.
- SA approved for both Canada and USA, certificate number 1877423
- Meets European FEM standards
- Small compact light weight, high tensile strength, die cast aluminum housing
- NEMA 3R hoist enclosure and NEMA 4X pendant enclosure can be used outdoors
- Universal tread trolley wheels fit tapered or flat flange beams
- Hook, eyebolt, push trolley or motorized trolley suspensions
- Safety lugs on all trolleys
- Anti-tip lugs on motorized trolleys
- Well balanced, modular design
- Hook suspension included
- The overload clutch can be adjusted from the front of the hoist and does not effect brake performance. The overload clutch is factory set to limit Quantum from lifting loads in excess of 150% of rated hoisting capacity.
- Smooth and compact design with a helical/spur gear combination providing 'grab free' movement and quiet, reliable operation. Optimum lubrication - Gears are lubricated with a semiliquid grease instead of oil, which is less likely to leak, eliminates oil level checks, and clings to the gears even after long idle periods. Quantum will even work upside down.
- A 'floating' chain guide precisely feeds chain onto a machined-matched five-pocket chain wheel. This system insures smooth, jam resistant operation, and extends load chain, and chain wheel life.
- Quantum load chain is precision formed from alloy steel, case hardened and zinc plated. The plating is an IR proprietary process, which resists corrosion better than any standard plating offered for load chain. Controlled elongation: Quantum chain is engineered to elongate a minimum of 10%. This ability to stretch reduces the possibility of catastrophic failure under sudden loading.
- High starting torque - Quantum motors are a totally enclosed non-ventilated (TENV) squirrel cage design. The H4 duty classification of the three phase models allows for 300 starts and 30 minutes 'on time' per hour. Class F insulation allows a total thermal rating of 145-degrees Celcius at a 1.0 service factor, instead of the more common Class B insulation of 120-degree Celcius. Quantum motors can take the heat! Phased to your needs - Three phase motors - are available in 230, 380, 460, and 575 volts, single and dual speeds. The 230/460 volt, single speed motors are field reconnectable. Dual speed motors - feature 4 to 1 high to low speed ratios instead of the typical 3 to 1 ratios. The advantages are unsurpassed load control, reduced cycle time and improved productivity. The overload clutch and Class F insulation eliminate the cost of 'kixons.'
- Metal discs stack up against wear - Quantum has a state-of-the-art AC motor brake employing all-steel discs. Multiple stacking significantly increases braking surface area, reducing wear and extending life. This system eliminates the breakage common with fiber discs and the heavier steel springs and DC solenoids they require.
- Safety-first pendent - Quantums safety-first pendent control handles are comfortable and fit securely in the operators hand. Each low voltage (42 volt) control handle integrates a large, red emergency stop button. Operating buttons are clearly marked with high contrast arrows, feature soft push action, and are horizontally aligned for easier operation. Emergency shut-off - Activated from the pendent handle, the mainline contactor disconnects the power to the hoist and trolley motor providing 'shut-off protection' in an emergency situation. Easy accessibility - Quantum enclosures are weatherproof, NEMA 3R rated. The removal of just four fasteners (slot-head on the electrical parts cover and allen-head on the mechanical parts cover) allows access to components. Since electrical and mechanical components can be accessed separately, service is quick and clean.
- Adjustable geared limit switches are standard on all Quantum models.
**Standard Pendant Drop Is 4' Less Than Lift**